GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The 2020 Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund contemplates two types of projects:
Film Projects in Development Stage: Feature-length films produced by or co-produced with Mexico in affiliation with any other country.
Works in Progress: feature-length films in post-production stage produced by or co-produced with Mexico.
2. Production companies may participate with any number of projects deemed necessary.
3. All registered projects must count with a producer who has premiered at least one feature film, either fiction or documentary, in commercial theaters and / or festivals. Credits as associate producer, production manager or executive producer will not be taken into account.
4. Only projects in development stage that have not been presented in other co-production forums in Mexico and films in post-production that have not participated in other Work in Progress spaces in Mexico may participate.
5. Submissions that do not comply with the requirements specified in the Call for Entries will be automatically disqualified.
6. The announcement of winners of GFFF will take place during the closing (November 19) of the ninth edition of the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
7. Submission of works implies the acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
8. Los Cabos International Film Festival reserves the right to extend direct invitations to projects to encourage their participation in any of the GFFF Calls for Entry.
9. Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
The deadline for submitting all projects is September 9th, 2020 at 18:00 hrs.
For each project submitted, applicants must:
1. Fill in the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form (only once).
2. Participants must submit preselection materials electronically, through password protected streaming links provided in the appropriate folders within the application.
3. The person who signs the application form will be the liaison for all conversations related to the project’s participation in the Festival.
III SELECTED FILM PROJECTS AND WORKS IN PROGRESS
1. The list of projects and feature-length films selected to participate in GFFF-Meetings will be published on the Festival’s official website on Monday, October 12, 2020.
2. The 15 selected projects will be able to participate in the online GFFF-Meetings, one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international film industry: sales representatives, distributors, production companies, delegates from international film festivals, television networks, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.
3. The project’s representatives must commit to participate in GFFF-Meetings sessions which will happen on line from November 17th – 19th during Los Cabos International Film Festival.
4. Aside from participating in GFFF-Meetings, representatives from the selected GFFF-Work in Progress category must attend the online screening of their feature-length film which will take place from November 17th – 19th during Los Cabos International Film Festival.
5. Having made the official GFFF selection public, the Festival will contact listed representatives for each selected entry.
IV WINNING PROJECTS AND FEATURE FILMS
The projects awarded by GFFF shall be considered to participate in the screening program of the 2021 Los Cabos International Film Festival.
The awarded projects must sign a letter of acceptance of the award confirming the commitment to respect the bases of participation of the corresponding calls, including the insertion of the logos of Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund in the opening credits of the film including the caption: Supported by.
The winners will sign an acceptance and compliance agreement with each of the companies that sponsor the prizes.
Los Cabos International Film Festival, August 10th, 2020