GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND
RULES AND REGULATIONS 2021
PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE
The 2021 Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund call for entries is open for:
Film Projects in Development Stage: feature-length films produced by or co-produced with Mexico in affiliation with any other country. The submitted projects must indicate in which category they belong:
Projects for the director's first or second film
Projects for directors with more than two films released
2. Production companies may participate with any number of projects deemed necessary.
3. All submitted projects must have a producer. All registered projects must count with a producer who has premiered at least one feature film, either fiction or documentary, in commercial theaters and / or festivals. Credits as associate producer, production manager or executive producer will not be considered.
4. This call for entries will only consider projects in development stage that haven’t been presented in other co-productions forums in Mexico.
5. Submissions that do not comply with the requirements specified in the Call for Entries will be automatically disqualified.
6. The award ceremony and announcement of winners of GFFF will take place during the closing ceremony (November 17th) of the tenth edition of Los Cabos International Film Festival.
7. Submission of works implies the acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
8. Los Cabos International Film Festival reserves the right to extend direct invitations to projects to encourage their participation in this GFFF Call for Entry.
9. Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
The deadline for submitting all projects is August 20, 2021 at 7:00 pm (CST). For each project submitted, applicants must:
Fill in (only once) the application form.
Participants must submit preselection materials electronically, through password protected streaming links provided in the appropriate folders within the application.
The person who signs the application form will be the liaison for all aspects related to the project’s participation in the Festival.
III. SELECTED FILM PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE
The list of projects and feature-length films selected to participate in GFFF-Meetings will be published on the Festival’s official website on September 28, 2021.
The 10 selected projects will be able to participate in GFFF-Meetings, one-on-one sessions online with professionals of the international film industry: sales agents, distributors, production companies, representatives from international film festivals, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.
The project’s representatives must commit to participate in GFFF-Meetings online sessions which will take place from November 15th-17th, 2021, during Los Cabos International Film Festival.
Once the selection of GFFF projects and feature films has been announced, the festival will contact the representatives of each project.
IV. WINNING PROJECTS AND FEATURE FILMS
The projects awarded by GFFF shall be considered to participate in the Official Selection of Los Cabos International Film Festival 2022.
The awarded projects must sign a letter of acceptance confirming the commitment to respect the guidelines of participation of the corresponding calls, including the insertion of logos of Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund in the initial credits of the film, including the legend: With the support of.
Awarded filmmakers must sign an agreement or contract stating acceptance and compliance with each and every award-granting institution.
Los Cabos International Film Festival, July 20th, 2021.